How to Cure Isolation Blues...

What a weird feeling to be starting the weekend in the living room alone, with the rest of my family self-isolating upstairs... Much different from the usual chaos. Funny, we appreciate things more when they are taken away. Heh. I need to keep my spirits high between fighting off the invisible particles, being everything (a nurse, cook, cleaner, shopper...), and the puzzling news hitting me right in the face... Apparently cases are low?? And we will soon get rid of all the restrictions, including self-isolation. Ha? Why are we always too early to the party?? Travelled in the summer, had to obey every single rule and pay loads extra money for tests... travelled over Christmas, had to obey every single rule and had to pay loads of extra money for tests again... and now this isolation prison for the family. 

Anyway, here is my recipe for how to stay sane when sitting on a ticking time-bomb of "do I have it," "when will I have it?" and looking after your loved ones. 

*Disclaimer: I can't promise this will help. At least we've tried!*

1. Wordle - yes, extremely frustrating... and you might be over it by now. Try doing it in another language. Available online and as an app.

Wordle - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Literalnie | Codzienna gra słowna!

2. Coooookies - go easy on yourself and buy some or for those who like a challenge (a mini one), these are to die for, especially if you add extra chocolate: NYC Chocolate Chip Cookies, page 88 of "Jane's Patisserie" by Jane Dunn

I've had two. They felt like heaven for a minute... Not surprised, I love anything NYC... Except now I feel sickly... still worth it, ha ha. 

Jane’s Patisserie From £10.00 | The Works

No, I don't recommend bad diet. Once a week, c'mon! 

3. Beverage of choice. Up for interpretation. It's still winter here so I'm going for something hot. 

4. Music, poetic ideally. You could go as far as a party in the kitchen! I'm currently obsessed with sanah. 

sanah - YouTube

It doesn't matter you don't understand the words, although it hits harder if you do.

5. Books, well we might have different tastes... I like this one, including Susan's writing style. I wish I could do that... 

"Choices" by Susan Sallis (as recommended by my mum-in-law) 

6. Netflix-it-up! Whatever rocks your boat. I've just finished "Emily in Paris," sad face, sigh! Onto "After Life" Series 3 

7. It's Friday night, so "8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown" it is! What a line up! I did not expect to see Sean Lock (RIP the funniest), Mr Swallow, Harry Hill...

8. Any crafters here?! These two activities are taking the market by storm: macramé and diamond painting/crystal creations. Must get supplies this weekend before another shortage (hope not!). And no, I'm not a hundred years old! 

9. Call a friendly face. I mean call, not zoom! You have loads of unused minutes, I bet. 

10. Watch some old family videos and reminisce about the times of total bliss and obliviousness to rampant viruses. 

11. Oh, and there is always the walk, if you're not self-isolating and aren't bored of it by now.

To be continued... 

Stay strong!  
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Labour Pains of Self-publishing

You Have Been Unsuccessful on This Occasion

If I Were a Rich Girl...