For My Mama

It's Mother's Day where I am! And even though it's not Mother's Day where mum is, I want to celebrate her today. Two countries, two Mother's Days. What's not to like?! Agreed, any day is good to celebrate motherhood, but today the attention is on mums in more than one place in the world. 

I wrote this piece in the early days of the pandemic with no intention of submitting or posting it. If I remember correctly, it was a Mother's Day  competition. The challenge was to write a poem about your mum consisting of 29 words exactly. Since I like a little brain task (even more so in pandemic times) an attempt at a poem was made. Here it goes: 

My mum is a Sunday cake. Cake that comforts us all and fills us with love.

With all her layers and flavours, a piece of cake she is not. 

Happy Mother's Day! 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Labour Pains of Self-publishing

You Have Been Unsuccessful on This Occasion

If I Were a Rich Girl...